Nissan Primera P12 2.0 Diagnostic Tricks
December 23, 2014
Posted by on
No responsibility is taken from any problems that may occur from following any advice in any part of this post.
Programming Key Fobs
This is necessary after putting a new battery in a key fob.
Switch ignition-switch exactly six times from the “LOCK” to the “ON” position within 10 seconds and return the ignition switch to the “LOCK” position, key may be removed from the ignition. After 2 seconds the hazard lights will flash twice!
For each key: Press and hold the unlock button (black) while pressing the lock button (red) 3 times. Then release the unlock button. The hazards should flash once! Do the same for the second fob.
Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position. The hazards should flash twice! The only keys the car will accept are those you just programmed.
Getting into Maintenance Mode
SELF DIAGNOSIS and CONFIRMATION/ADJUSTMENT MODE
- START ENGINE
- TURN AUDIO SYSTEM OFF
- WHILE PRESSING THE INFO SWITCH,TURN THE VOL CONTROL 30 CLICKS OR MORE (dosen’t matter which way)
When self diag and conf/adj mode is started a short “beep” will be heard.
- Select CONFIRM/ADJUSTMENT
- Select SERVICE
You should be able to reset and make any adjustments on the screen displayed. If you need to go back a screen at any stage, use the “PREV” button.
Obtaining ECU Engine Codes
- make sure your foot is off the accelerator pedal
- twist ignition key to engine on (but don’t actually start engine)
- wait 3 seconds
- press the accelerator pedal to the floor and all the way back up 5 times in quick succession
- wait 7 seconds
- push pedal to the floor, count to 10 (by the time you get to 10 the engine light should come on), release the pedal when you see the engine light on the dash
The engine light will communicate error codes. It will flash n times for a digit of n (10 times for a zero). The slow flashes indicate the first digit. The rapid flashes will be for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th digits of a code.
Information taken from www.nissanhelp.com.
How to Remember What Flashing Lights Mean When Locking
When you press “lock” on your key fob the indicators flash one long time. When you press “unlock” on your key fob the indicators flash twice.
What’s a good trick to remember whether two flashes means lock or unlock?
Say the word as the indicators flash. Lock has one syllable. One flash. Unlock has two syllables. Two flashes.
“Un…” (flash) “…lock…” (flash)